Guidelines for submission of abstracts:
- Abstracts may be submitted in English or Spanish.
- Title: initial capital, rest in lower case unless names are used. The limit for the title is 90 characters.
- Authors: the author´s names should be written as: Last name, First name. Initial capital, rest in lower case. For example: Ramírez, Alonso1.
- Institution: the authors´ affiliation should be indicated by numbers in superscript. For example: 1 Dept. of Environmental Sciences, University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras campus, P.O. Box 190341, San Juan PR 00919.
- Abstract body: must not exceed 300 words and should include Introduction, Methods, Results, Discussion and Conclusion. Please do not include these subtitles as text, and do not include bibliographic references.
- Do not use text enhancements (bold, italics, underlined, etc.) except for italics for foreign words or scientific names if necessary.
- Do not include tables or figures in the abstract.
- Make sure to check grammar and spelling thoroughly before sending your abstract.
- Abstracts must be submitted electronically in .pdf or .doc/x
- The submissions are open from December 1, 2017 – March 7, 2018.
Foto: E. Suárez
The Scientific Committee will evaluate all the submitted abstracts on a peer-review basis, and decide whether to accept the proposed work. In case of acceptance, the Committee will indicate the format of the presentation (oral session or poster).
The authors will be notified by email regarding the acceptance of their abstract by April 1, 2018.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Organizing Committee.